Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Next in line please!

Well it has been a few weeks since I was contacted by Matt's boss to do his family research.  I was excited another "genealogist" is being born.  I have gotten a few generations back on his mom's side since she had more information to work with in her obituary.  It had parents names, etc.  I know he really wants me to do his dad's side.  He really wants me to look into those Irish roots that he wants to be proud of. 

Well, I have asked him and his brothers multiple times for their dad's parents names and dates of birth etc.  Heck I would be happy with names at this point.  No response from anyone.  So I am putting this little project on the back burner.

Matt asked me last night if I had done anything on their dad's side.  How can I?  They gave me no information.  I am not good at make believe and writing children's books with fictional characters so I am putting it aside and focusing on my own family troubles.

People just don't understand the hard work it can take to pull together a family history.  My husband and I have been married almost 13 years and he still doesn't get it.  He sees me going to the library, court houses, hunting for old cemeteries, etc. and still doesn't understand.  So I guess, how can I expect others who have no experience with genealogy to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment