Since Michael was living in New York during the time of the World War I & II drafts lets check out the draft cards.
· 32 years of age at this time and lists his birthday as January 6, 1886.
· His residence is 266 West 35th Street, New York, New York.
· He lists himself as a Naturalized citizen at this point in time.
· Occupation is – Business Owner, Prop. of Café which is located at 496 Eight Avenue.
· The nearest relative he lists is Marie Kate McKenna who resides at the same address of the Café, 496 8th Ave, New York, New York. Could this Marie Kate be his sister Maggie, who accompanied him on the ship to America?
- He is 5' 8" tall and weighs 137 pounds. His hair is black, eyes are blue and he has 2 scars about left eye.
- Birthday is January 7, 1886 and was born in Monaghan, Ireland.
- Occupation is Bartender.
- Resides at 368 W 23rd Street, New York, NY.
- He arrived to America after leaving Londonderry, Ireland about the ship Caladonia. He arrived on or around April 30, 1906.
- Residence was 497 8th Ave, New York City, New York
- Occupation is listed as Bartender
- Again lists his birthdate, arrival date and gives us the date he filed his intention.
- Peter Burke & John Reilly, signed as witness to his filing of petition. I can't make out what Peter's occupation is but he lives at 449 W. 43rd street. John Reilly is a Hotel Keeper and he lives at 497 8th Ave New York City.